Tuesday, September 07, 2010

First Day of School. Mother's Day Out Preschool.

First Day of SchoolDid everyone have a good Labor Day? Cheyenne spent the day sick. All she wanted to do was cuddle with Daddy. She didn't want anything to do with me, so I got a lot of things done around the house, while Trey took care of her.

She continued to have a fever, until this morning. Originally, I was going to stay at home with her, but since her fever dropped and she was eating again, I decided to send her off to school. No, playing hookie on the first day! Seriously, though - she was fine. Her first day of school and the weather was a mess. RAIN. That explains the frizz. Baby girl, if I had a magic trick to take the frizz away I would. Oh wait I do, it's called hairspray. 

Well, I'm really excited for her. I think she is going to have a lot of fun learning, playing, and making new friends. In this picture, she's eating a granola bar. I had to modify the recipe, since her school is a no peanut school. I used pine nuts, walnuts, and pecans, in lieu
 of peanuts.
First Day of School
For lunch, I packed her chicken and cheese quesadillas on a whole grain tortilla, with tomatoes slices, celery sticks, strawberries, and red grapes. Sounds like a lot, but it's all about portion. I packed the same for my lunch, but bigger portions. Currently, I'm obsessed with bento lunch boxes. Have you heard about these? Ashleigh, my co-worker introduced me to a site, Weelicious™. This site has given me some great lunch ideas not only for Chey, but for myself. More about bento, I've tried looking locally for these lunch boxes, but the closest thing I have found has been at The Container Store.

The container on the left side is the one I got for Chey. It's not exactly bento, but it works. The box on the right is what I got for myself. Today, I used it and loved it. The main reason I like it so much is because I don't have to waste three to four ziplock baggies. Also, when I have to rush out the door, I just have to grab one container, not several, plus baggies, like I was doing before.

No comments:

Post a Comment