Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Twitter is a Beautiful Thing. A+ Runner's World

If you’ve been on a treadmill, you’ve probably been shocked, not literally shocked (hair sticking up), but static electricity-shocked. We’ll this happens to me all the time and it annoys me to no end.


I follow Runners World on Twitter and saw about a month ago someone asked them how to prevent treadmill shock. I waited for a while and never saw a response from RW. So, today I thought I’d follow-up and send them a question into cyber space via Twitter and what do you know…RW sends me a direct message. It went a little something like this….


dominiqueia@runnersworld did you ever respond to the question about preventing treadmill shock? Static Electricity shock while running on the mill?


runnersworld: Yes, try grounding yourself by touching a nonmetal wall before touching the mill.


runnersworld: And it's actually probably not the treadmill but rather dry winter air...





I just thought it was cool that someone responded to me and with some useful advice. Now the next time I’m running on the mill, while watching Jersey Shore (what? You know you watch) I won’t dread touching the side rails at every water break. Thanks Runners World!


I’ll leave you with this wonderful quote from Jersey Shore, “You stalked my whole life on the boardwalk! My WHOLE life!” My guilty pleasure exposed, but really I feel less guilty watching while running. No apologies here. What’s your justification? 

No comments:

Post a Comment