Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving & Turkey Trotting

Our Thanksgiving morning started early with the 10K Turkey Trot. IMG_0035
What a huge turn-out. I think a lot of runners over dressed. It was only 50 degrees, perfect running weather.
Runners Waiting @ The Start LineI heard there were over 12,000 runners. I decided to run with Cheyenne so we waited until most of the single runners ran ahead. When it was finally our turn to start, it was so hard to weave past the slow runners, with the baby jogger. Any chance I got I weaved through, but believe me there were also a lot of runners whizzing past me too. The course went through residential neighborhoods, so I saw a lot of families gathered out in their driveways and porches waving and cheering us on. Even the streets smelt like Thanksgiving! It was truly a unique experience. Originally, I was concerned about running with Cheyenne. I didn't know how she would do on a long run, but to my surprise she napped for the majority of it.
Dom and Chey
Here are the race results
Distance: 6.2 miles
Chip Time: 1:01:15
Average Pace Per Mile: 9:52
In my age group I placed 52 out of 94
Not everyone who ran the race paid for the chip timing, but I always like to have the chip if it's available--so the age group results is only relevant to those who paid extra.
About to cross the finish line
IMG_0021
While I was running Trey was walking around and signed us up to win this truck. I like the idea of winning a free vehicle.
IMG_0017
All bundled up in the jogger
Cheyenne
Trey and Chey
Trey and Chey
After the race I tried to get as much free stuff as I could, but by the time I made it over to the tents, people were taking down tables and boxing up everything. I did manage to grab these three items. I say free, but really I paid for them with my registration cost. Talk about expensive race snacks.
Free Running Snacks
After running, we headed back to the house, cleaned up and headed over to Lacy's and Adam's house. Here's a shot of their family. Today, I'm thankful for friends!
Thanksgiving 2009
Trey and Chey ready to dig into some food
Thanksgiving 2009
Here are the deserts I made
Peppermint Chocolate Jello Pudding Pie
This cheesecake is a little pathetic. It's called supreme cheesecake, but for today I called it earthquake cheesecake, either way it tasted great and it was made from scratch with a lot of love.
Supreme Cheesecake AKA Supreme Earthquake

No comments:

Post a Comment