Monday, September 14, 2009

Unintentional Vegetarian

Okay, so it's been a while since I made a batch of meat for Cheyenne. She's still getting protein from other food sources, but I should really give her meat. This afternoon, I cooked her up some ground turkey. Before I put it away, I made turkey -tacos for myself. Wow, my first ground turkey experience...a tasty surprise! All these years, I've been missing out. I think Cheyenne will love it too. I'll probably mix it with potatoes.
IMG_0022
IMG_0012
Well, today we're taking it easy. I made my third batch of granola bars. The orginally batch I made I used fresh honey. Erin got it from someone who had a bee farm, I guess that's what they're called. Well, I ran out of that honey, so for this batch, I had to use some store bought stuff. The bars I made today taste great, but they're falling apart, I think I need to try a different type of honey. The one I have is called clover honey. Don't know much about this bee businees, but I know I will not be putting clover honey in the next batch, unless I want granola crumbs.

Well, today it's too gloomy to be outdoors. Rain is still in the forecast for the next few days and it's really messing with my training schedule. Saturday, I didn't go for my long run because of a thunderstorm. So yesterday afternoon, I planned on running 7 miles on the treadmill. That was the plan, but I only ran 3 miles. Trey was suppose to watch Cheyenne while watching football. They were in the living room and she kept crawling to bedroom door and crying because she knew I was in there. She is definitely a momma's girl....BIG TIME. I always tell her, "We're peanut butter and jelly!" Trey says he's the white bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment