Monday, August 31, 2009

Puree Batch for Chey & Granola Bars for Me

The entire morning and afternoon, I've been in the kitchen. Cheyenne was low on fruit puree, so I figured I'd make her a peach, banana (not pictured) and strawberry puree, while she napped.
Puree
I also made homemade granola bars. These are going to be delicious with hazelnut or french vanilla coffee.
Homemade Granola
Homemade Granola Bars
I wanted to make my own or at least try it for a while because I have a hard time decrypting the back of most granola bar labels. Plus, most of them have a weird after taste--I'm assuming it's all those perservatives so they'll have a longer shelf life. You know, I have to say...I really like Cascadian Farm's products, they don't really leave an after taste, but my main grocery store does not consistently carry them.

Anyways, I usually go through two bars a day at work and this recipe yeilds ten; perfect. Now that I know I can make a good batch, I'm looking forward to modifying the recipe. Maybe next time, I'll do peanut butter and chocolate chips. Also, if you have a birthday coming up, don't be surprised if you get this as a gift. I hope you like granola too. Here is the link to the original recipe. It's from the Planet Green Network and famous chef--Emeril Lagasse. I changed my batch and substituted 1 cup of dried cranberry's in place of dried raisins and dates.

On a side note:
This morning I went to the fridge and glanced at my workout calendar. I looked at today's date and this is what I found. photo.jpg
In case you're wondering, RIB stands for Running/Inside/Brooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment