Wednesday, May 13, 2009

First Taste of Food


I’m still working on introducing food to Cheyenne, but like I said in the video, I think we’re going to take it nice and slow. I plan on pureeing all her food, so we’ll see how that goes. So, far it’s been fast. Saturday, I pureed about 8 oz of broccoli, but since Cheyenne won’t eat all of it, right away and I don’t want it to spoil in the fridge, I went ahead and freezed what was leftover. I thought about buying those special baby food freezer trays, but my old ice cube tray seems to be doing the job.

Other than our food adventure, Trey has been mildly obsessing over the 2010 Camaro. At first I wasn’t sold on the idea, but after sitting behind the steering wheel, my opinion has changed.
Saturday and Monday, we went to the Chevy dealership and checked out the showroom model. In about 2 weeks, we’ll probably test drive one. As much as Trey wants one and I want one (for him), we’ve decided to wait on purchasing a new vehicle.
At the moment we’re on a 4-5 year plan. Once Cheyenne is in school we’ll look into it and by then Trey thinks the hype of the Camaro will wear off and bring down the cost. Trey is so into this car, he initiated an aggressive savings plan, so when the time comes, we can throw a large down payment on it. I’m all about that plan. I hate car payments, the lower the monthly payment the better. In the meantime, we shall admire the vehicle from a far.

2 comments:

  1. Dom, I have to tell you that video is so funny of your little one eating food for the first time. I could not stop laughing at her expressions.
    I know how you feel about the camaro, my husband has expressed interest but he knows it isn't going to happen so he doesn't talk about it much. He is lucky I let him keep the sports car he has...LOL (men and their cars)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea on the 4-5 year plan! Chip and I compusively bought a Mustang when the new body style came out. I am the one who wanted it, and we both really enjoyed! But it ended up not being the smartest purchase we have ever made.

    ReplyDelete