Friday, February 06, 2009

Something to Fill the Time

Now that football season is over, I'm considering subscribing to Netflix. When there isn't any football on the tube, Trey and I usually go through our DVR playlist and catch up on recordings. Since we've started pizza night Friday's, it would be nice to watch a movie instead of satellite. For the past 2 years, I've been checking out movies from the library. The Ft. Worth library actually has a pretty decent selection, but I'm usually at the mercy of what's available.

Most of my co-workers subscribe to Netflix and rave about the service. The plans are super affordable and they have a plethera of movie selections. They have a documentary I've been dying to see, Spirit of the Marathon.

Initially, I'm going to sign up for the free trial and then go from there, but do any of you have any recommendations of which plan to sign up for. I think I'm leaning towards 2 DVD's out at a time. I can watch an artsy fartsy movie and Trey can get an action flick and everyones happy.

-------------
In other news, I got new running shoes! I'm super excited and can't wait to go for my first run in them. I'll post some pictures later. Also, just when I started to feel better, yesterday I developed a cough. Grrrrr....So, it may be a few days before I'm healthy enough to go running. I don't want to relapse.

3 comments:

  1. we have netflix right now and love it...we do the 1 DVD at a time for like $9 something a month. But we have the xbox that we can download any older movies; as many as we want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suggest looking into the Blockbuster rent-by-mail subscription. One advantage that we found is that you can return the movies your receive by mail to the store, and then you can get more movies in the store the same day. AND...they go ahead and send you the next movies on your queue. Also, they email you free in-store rental coupons fairly often. We don't have it any more, but we LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:51 PM

    Brian and I have the Netflix and it isnt too bad, but I would agree with your friend, the blockbuster one is a tad better. Its more expensive, but they have more to choose from as far as new releases, and you dont have to wait a day or two to get them. The plus to Netflix is you can watch things on the computer. We do that often, since we dont have a dvd player in our bedroom. We also have the 3 movies out at at time, and its only about $18 and change a month. So its just a matter of which you prefer! Good Luck and enjoy your pizza fridays :)

    ReplyDelete