Saturday, February 07, 2009

Merrell Product Feedback

Chad, who is an old friend of mine from way back in middle school, now works as a Tech Representative for Merrell, a shoe company. He knows I love to run so he sent me a complementary pair and asked me to give him some product feedback.

After communicating with him, it sounds like they are marketing towards a Runner’s World type of audience. RW is a running magazine. So, I’m pleased he thought to ask for my feedback.

I read Baby Steps, a blog by Lisa Jhung. She is a contributor to Runner’s World. She is about 7 months post partum, so I feel like I can relate to her as a mother and runner. It’s not uncommon for her to mention how some company sent her some cool product to test, whether it be shoes or clothes. I always thought, how fun would that be and now I get to do it (on a much smaller scale, but nonetheless).

Last night, I tried on the new shoes and I have to say they feel pretty stiff, not starch stiff, but stable…which is good because my Brooks are the same way. Other than that, I can’t really go into much detail until I get some miles in. Who knows, if they work out, I may prefer to run the 10K in them.

Trey even got a pair. If anybody can give honest feedback it’s Trey, so I can’t wait to see what he thinks of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment