Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Blue Jean Baby

There have been a lot of firsts lately. One of those being Cheyenne's first pair of blue jeans. Seeing her in jeans makes me want sing Elton John’s song, “blue jean baby...”


Last night I was giving Cheyenne a bath and she started giggling. I can’t describe the feeling I got, hearing that precious laugh. I started yelling for Trey, but by the time he got to us, she gave me a look similar to this one. Staring off into space……..


Oh, I love her so much!


Trey thought it would be cute to place her on the pillows


Cheyenne has started to drool. Great. I hope she's not one of those babies that starts teething early.

Well, yesterday after we wore miss thing out, we went out and invested in a living room rug. We're so paranoid about the hard surface for her. We would feel different, if we had carpet, but in a house of wood floor and tile, what do you expect?

Since I'm on the topic, Trey told me, "I think we're good parents, we haven't dropped her yet." My response was, "What do you mean YET?!" I guess he said that because it seems like everyone we know, has a story about how they dropped their kid, at least once. I'll be the first to admit, I accidentally dropped my little sister, when she was a few months old. I know it's horrible! Well, she ended up being okay, so now it's something I can tease her about. Sister love.

Another floor/drop story:
Yesterday, Liz came over to visit and she brought over her son, this was before we got the rug. I'm not sure how old he is, but I'm guessing he's under 2 years of age. Anyways, we were just visiting and all of a sudden he fell off of our couch and hit the wood floor. Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. Luckily, he was okay.

So, glad we have a rug now!

1 comment:

  1. All of the firsts are so FUN! I have to agree that one of the best firsts is the laugh. I know everyone has probably told you to enjoy every moment...and all that good stuff. But really, it's so true. Enjoy every second with that sweet girl!!!

    ReplyDelete