Saturday, October 25, 2008

Shock Collar

For the most part our dogs sleep inside every night, but since we'll be bringing a baby home in a few weeks, I've been leaving them outside. The problem with that is they bark at random times throughout the night and the last few nights the weather has been cool enough to sleep with the windows open, so I can hear them bark loud and clear at any given time.

Thursday, Trey and I both had enough of it, so we purchased one bark collar. We figured we'd rotate it between the two of them. Corky was the first one to wear it and he barked a few times before he figured out that if he continued he'd get buzzed. The rest of the night he was quite. Harley woke me up at 3 am that night yapping her trap, so I waddled out of bed, into the backyard and took the collar off of Corky and placed it on her. An few minutes later she barked once, let out a yelp and never barked again. The collar seemed to do the trick.

When I woke up Friday, Trey took the collar off of her and we haven't had to use it again. Both of them have been angels.

So, since the dogs haven't been wearing the collar and seeing how Trey loves to pick on Natasha, you won't believe what he did to her. He chased her down and put the collar to her neck and shocked her with it! I asked her if it hurt and she said, "Yeah!"

Well, Mom and Tasha left town a few hours ago and now I'm waiting around the house for Amy, Hilario, and Angeleica to get here. They'll be spending the night with us and I think we're going out for dinner. It'll be nice to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment