Monday, August 04, 2008

Trinity Trail Fiasco

Its been outrageously hot these last two weeks so I've been sticking to an indoor workout on the elliptical. Saturday, I wanted to change things up, so I headed out the door to Trinity Trails with both dogs.

For those of you who don't know, TT is a huge trail that runs along Trinity River. It's my favorite place to run and walk because there is a perfect view of the Ft. Worth skyline. Before I headed out the door, I already had great expectations.

About the running
I was lucky I got Harley to walk. I was so excited about running but she just wouldn't cooperate. Every chance she got, she tugged and pulled and made the experience one that I want to forget. It was so embarrassing because she kept barking every time a cyclist would zoom past us. Occasionally, she would sit her butt down and refuse to move, which would only frustrate me more.

While all this was going on Corky was probably thinking, "Get it together!" Corky is my pro athlete dog, okay more like semi pro, so I'm sure he was just as disappointed as I was. We were both ready to get at least a 2 miler in. Needless to say, I don't think I'll be making a second trip with Harley. Next time we'll stick to the neighborhood. And it'll be a while before I'll even want to go outside (by then I might not be able to run). Yesterday the temperature shot up to 107! Even if I want to go outside at dusk it'll still be scorching.



On a side Note about Church:
Sunday morning worship was great. I played bass and Trey played his acoustic guitar. It was great to be playing again and I pray that more opportunities will come from it.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:46 PM

    You know, I've been praying forever for some people to help with Children's church worship-- since I have no talent in that area... wanna think about it?
    Shannon Pannell

    ReplyDelete