Monday, July 07, 2008

4th of July Weekend

For the 4th of July weekend, Trey and I went to Abilene.

Saturday morning, I met up with Linda and Steve at ACU and ran 2 miles. We invited Trey, but he declined.

It was nice to run with an old running partner. She kept asking, "Are you doing okay? Do we need to slow down?" And I would reply, "I'm doing fine." We talked the whole time which is a good sign of a safe pace. Her background is in nutrition and exercise and she encouraged me to continue to work out and stay healthy. She said as I get bigger, people may give me crazy looks, but it's just because they don't realize that running can be safe during pregnancy. So far, I haven't received any nasty stares.

After the run, I spent time with my two mom's and Natasha. They helped me complete my baby registry list. When it came to registering for bottles, I desperately needed direction and they were very helpful.

Later that evening we went to Nick and Allison's Wedding. I saw a lot of people I went to high school with, which was both nice and weird.

Natasha and I at the reception

Mom and I

LInda and Steve


After the reception, we all wanted to go out, but we're not the bar or clubbing type, so we thought we'd go to a coffee bar. Well, after driving to three different closed coffee shops, we gave up and ended up at Sonic. That's abilene for you.

Here are the rest of the photos from this weekend


I know this is a long post, but I'm almost done.... A lot of stuff happened.

So, we got back into town yesterday evening and our neighbors, Wendy and Theron invited us over for dinner. I'm so glad too, because we didn't have anything at the house. After dinner there was leftovers, which means I can eat lunch today. Yay, for leftover dinners. They grilled steaks and we stayed over past midnight. Even though it was late, we didn't have to worry about driving home, we just had to walk across the street and call it a night. I'm so thankful for wonderful neighbors.

Wow, that was a long post and I didn't even cover the entire weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment