Thursday, February 21, 2008

More on my Obsession & The 5K

Tuesday, I was running and listening to the FM radio when the announcer confirmed that Radiohead tickes sold-out 15 minutes after they went on sale. Ha! I had a feeling this was going to happen. That's why I made it a point to buy them the moment the were available.

So, enough about my obsession, I'll try to contain myself until May 18th, but I can't make any promises.

About the race:
I'm still training for the 5K...in fact, today is my last day to officially train. Saturday is the big day and I'm ready. Earlier, I downloaded the course map and that page has received almost 5,000 views! Tomorrow I head downtown to pick up my packet and chip. I have to wear a chip to ensure my time is legit.

This is so exciting. I've never done anything like this and it's satisfying to be running towards this goal. The 5K is Saturday...maybe a 10K in a few months, and who knows-a Marathon in a few years. All in baby steps or in my case strides.

No comments:

Post a Comment