Sunday, February 24, 2008

2008 Cowtown Marathon Results

The results are in!


Saturday morning I ran the adult 5K. I wanted to complete the race in 28 minutes and according to the chip, I had to wear on my shoe, I crossed the finish line at 28:43. Victory!

There were 1,981 runners and I placed at 469. In my age group I placed 2nd. I feel really good about that.

I can't even begin to explain how I felt that morning. It was so cold! I wore shorts and a sweatshirt. What was I thinking? My face and toes were so numb, but the rest of my body managed to stay warm. I saw so many runners in little tops and shorts, I guess we're all a little crazy. I was amazed at how many runners were around me during the race and how quite we all were. Everyone was focused, all you could hear was deep breathing and stomping of feet on the pavement. Oh, and it was the coolest feeling running in the middle of the street in downtown Ft. Worth. At one moment during the race I felt like we were all running from something...weird I know. But it felt great to run across that finish line.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:53 PM

    Dom,

    Congratulations on placing 2nd in your age division! I am very proud of you!

    Aunt Jari

    ReplyDelete