Tuesday, December 18, 2007

2 Meals Later

I've made two meals following Seinfeld's recipe. I'm not sure what to think of the food. Personally, I like veggies a lot more when I can see them, but for Trey's sake I'm giving this a try.

I've gotten mixed reviews from him. Last night I made "Cigar Tortillas" (yeah, it's a weird name). Anyways, I thought the recipe was bland and Trey said he wouldn't mind me making again. Tonight, I made pita pizzas. Now, that was good. Trey didn't care for it and even though the recipes claim they are deceitful, Trey could totally see the spinach in the sauce...hmmm, I guess it's not child proof. After seeing and taking a bite of the pizza, Trey refused to eat the rest.

I should have thought of this to begin with, instead of introducing new recipes to our menu, I'm just going to add veggie purees to select meals that we frequently eat. It's worth a shot, but this week I'm going to make a few more recipes out of the book. Who knows, maybe we'll find something we both like.

These are just a few of the purees: Carrot, Squash, Spinach. Not included in the photo: Acorn Squash, Sweet Potatoes and Cauliflower.


Acorn Squash. The produce guy at Central Market told me this was butternut squash and I didn't know any better...Now I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment