Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Who Moved Thanksgiving Up?

A few minutes ago I looked at the calendar and realized Thanksgiving is on the 22nd--a few days away. For some reason I thought I had an extra week before I had to even think about it.

This year Trey and I will host it at our place and I'm really looking forward to spending time with family. Last year we celebrated at our old house and it was my first time to make the bird. My mom guided me along the way, but my hands were all over it. Yeah, it was so gross sticking my hands in the bird and pulling out all of its insides.

Well, at least this year I'll have a chance to work in a much larger kitchen. So, far the new kitchen is growing on me nicely. I love the space, the counters, the new appliances etc, but the one thing that I'm warming up to is the flat stove top. The first time I used it, it seemed like I was cooking on the counter. It'll take a while, but it'll grow on me.

Ready or not, here comes Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment