Thursday, August 03, 2006

Judaism is Illuminated For This Gentile


I finished reading Everything is Illuminated and I was blown away with the book. The next day I rented the movie and was deeply dissatisfied. I mean, the movie was good if I hadn't read the book, but I was let down completely. Last night Trey and I were talking about the Jewish faith and I had more questions than answers. I don't know what it is, but I'm really fascinated with learning about Jewish culture and beliefs. One of the questions I asked Trey was, "Why are the Jews, God's chosen people?" He thought this would be a good discussion for our Sunday bible study. I feel so ignorant, but I'm determined to learn. I always hear people on the evangelism channel saying we should pray for Israel. But why? Am I the only Christian who doesn't know? I bet more people are like me, they just won't admit it.

No comments:

Post a Comment