Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Ha, Ha, Not Funny Then, But It's Funny Now


Last month I hit the gym pretty hard so yesterday morning I thought it would be a good idea to give the gym a break and go jogging around the neighborhood. I grabbed my sneakers and thought it would be fun to take Daphne, my beagle. Last year she would jog with me on a mile route with no problems. I figured she would enjoy it, boy was I in for a surprise.

We jogged from South 7th street all the way to 14th, which is roughly half a mile with no problems. As we ran around the corner to head back home Daphne decided she was going to lay her little behind down and quit. I tugged, pulled, talked, and pleaded without any success.

I had no choice but to carry her in my arms like a little baby all the way home. This is not what I had in mind when I originally woke up. There's an older man who lives around my neighborhood, he saw me walking with her in my arms as he was pulling out of his driveway. He stopped me and said I could get water from his water hose to hydrate her. Somewhere between getting drenched in the sprinkler system and Daphne running away from me, I just wanted to cry. I was wearing a black t-shirt that was drenched in water mixed with sweat and topped with dog hair. Oh, I didn't even mention that Daphne was smiling and breathing her dog breathe right in my face. I was so mad at her, but all I could do was laugh.

P.S. I got an email that said I won't hear about the job until next week. I want it, I want it!

No comments:

Post a Comment