Saturday, March 25, 2006

Drugs and a K9



So, a few friends and I are competing in this documentary film challenge. we're competing with 74 teams in 9 different countries. They gave us the topic Wednesday and we have until Monday to mail off the completed project. Our team agreed to do the documentary about seeing eye dogs. Late last night we contacted a police officer who had a K9 and he agreed to meet us at a gas station to stage a scence for our movie. You're probably wondering what does a seeing eye dog have to do with a K9 dog, but I assure you it goes with our storyline. So, we meet the officer at the gas station. We wanted the dog to search the car for drugs. Before we started shooting the officer told me to keep my distance because the dog will bite me if he feels threaten. Luckily the dog didn't bite me and the K9 didn't find drugs in Chris' car....obviously. It was really cool video taping the search. I felt like I was documenting an episode of cops. Today will be a full day. I work till noon, I'm meeting up to interview our main subject around 12:30, afterwards start capturing the footage, begin to edit, and finally meet Jessica this evening to record the voice over.

No comments:

Post a Comment