Monday, July 14, 2014

Marathon Training and I'm not Even Running a Marathon

This morning I met my neighbor, Amy for a run. The great thing about having a running partner live a block away, is that you can wait until 5:16 am to get dressed for a 5:30 am run date. We ran 4 miles together and then I ran 1 mile solo. We ran at about a 9:30 pace.

LONG RUN 

Lately, I've been having some great runs. Jeri is training for a marathon. She had 16 miles for her weekend long run. I figured I'd join her (in spirit, she lives in South Dakota). So, Saturday I headed out for a 16 mile run. I ran a 4 mile loop around my neighborhood, once the sun rose, I headed to the trail and ended up running the rest of my miles and then I ended up on a busy city street. Luckily, the city street was runner friendly.
I didn't kill myself, trying to hit 9 minute miles, (although I did run a few at that pace). Overall, I ran a 10:31 pace.

I can't tell you how rewarding it felt to run 16 miles! I miss training for long races. I don't have much on my race calendar. I think I'm just going to continue to run long. Here are a few races that are on my radar.

CONSIDERING THE FOLLOWING RACES
1. Cedar Ridge 18KM
This race is this month and it's sold out. I'm on the waiting list.
I ran the 36 KM, last year and loved it! It was so challenging, but so worth it.

2. Fort Worth Marathon
I kind of have my eyes on the 20 miler.
3. Dallas Marathon (the half marathon)
BIG MAYBE

4. Cowtown 50K
Duh, I love this race! This is on my must run list!


No comments:

Post a Comment