Friday, July 04, 2014

Happy 4th of July!

Today, I woke up around 6 am and went for a 6 mile run. The neighborhood where I live, is kind of hilly, so I was moving slower than usually. I guess, it felt harder because here lately, the majority of my runs have been on a track or treadmill. However, I have to say - running slower is kind of nice.

Trey had the day off, today and we wanted to do something fun, as a family, so we decided to go to Splash Kingdom Waterpark in Hudson Oaks. The park is relatively small, it's not like a Hurricane Harbor or anything. This was my first time to go and it was really family friendly. It was also really clean! There wasn't a ton of people either, if we wanted to go down the slides, we only had to wait maybe a minute - if that! We had a great time playing in the sun. We were thankful we didn't have to pay for admission, thanks to Trey's friend/customer.

Now, it's 8 pm and we are all exhausted. We weren't planning on going out to watch fireworks, but if we had planned on doing that, I doubt we'd be able to. I'm about to call it a night. Happy Fourth! I hope you had a nice relaxing day with your family too!

Here's a screenshot pic from Splash Kindgom's site.

P.S. The other day, when I was out in the garden, minding my own business, picking tomatoes. I remember being so happy because this is the first season that I have ever successfully grown tomatoes. Next thing I know, I realize that I just got stung by a wasp. I remember I read that lavender oil helps diminish the pain insect bites. Sure enough, I applied it to my neck and it immediately help reduce the stinging sensation.

No comments:

Post a Comment