Monday, March 03, 2014

Photography Work for the Ballet Felt Like A Progressive Party

epic masterpieces
I love when my interest and professional work collide.

Saturday, I had an opportunity to photograph Texas Ballet Theater's Ballet Gala. In case you don't know, I'm slightly obsessed with this ballet company, so it was a real treat to photograph the gala.













The evening festivities started at 6 pm at Van Cliburn Recital Hall.Ballet Gala
Greetings…
Ballet Gala
As soon as they walked in, I took couples or single photographs of the guests. Everyone was dressed to impress.
(in this photo) To the left is the Artistic Director of TBT, Mr. Ben Stevenson O.B.E
Ballet Gala
The floral and table decor at the dinner hall was stunning.
Ballet Gala  Ballet GalaBallet Gala Ballet Gala Dinner 
After the dinner, everyone was invited to cross the street to Bass Hall and watch the Ballet Company perform EPIC MASTERPIECES: Serenade, L, & Gloria. I joined the group and watched the show. Gloria was my favorite. So, dark, so dramatic! During intermission VIP from the gala were invited to the intermission green room for photos and cocktails. I tagged along and took a few photos in there.
When the show was over around 10 pm, the gala after-party began at McDavid Studio, located across the street from Bass Hall.
Around 10:30 pm, the Company Dancers joined the party.
Ballet Gala
They basically stole the dance floor. Everyone enjoyed it! It was so entertaining!!
Ballet Gala
What a fun event to document.
Ballet Gala
Throughout the night, everyone had an opportunity to bid at the Silent Auction.
To view all the photos from the gala, feel free to browse my professional website: 
domvideophoto.com/gala
Ballet Gala

No comments:

Post a Comment