Friday, December 06, 2013

How We Do Ice Days

We got to sleep in this morning, hooray!
2013 Christmas Portraits
I managed to cross off one MASSIVE to-do, off my list, I ordered our Christmas cards. You'll be seeing these beauties faces in a week or two in your mailbox. I only ordered 25 cards because OMG money. YIkERS, cards are expensive. Once I get the hard copies mailed out, I'll make an online version….so keep coming back to the blog ((((( in anticipation :) )))
2013 Christmas Portraits
Even though it was freezing outside, Dakota loved it. She wanted to crawl around in it.
2013 Christmas Portraits
Today, was soooo relaxing!!!! It was a nice change of pace for all of us. Trey didn't get any emergency service calls, so he stayed at home with us too. I ran one mile, we made snowflakes, baked cookies, watched a movie and took a family portrait <---- self timers are the best invention.
2013 Christmas Portraits
We even got Dakota to take more than 5 steps. It was for smarties.
2013 Christmas Portraits
2013 Dallas Marathon Cancelled 
This weekend is Dallas Marathon and I'm so glad I'm not registered. Today, they announced Sunday's Marathon is cancelled due to weather. It really is icy in Dallas!!!! No word on refunds (I doubt they will refund), also no word on credit towards next year or if race day will be reschedule in a week or two. Can you imagine training for so long and being so close to your marathon date and getting word that it's cancelled??? I would cry. No, really, I would. Obviously, it's not the race directors fault, they don't control the weather, I just know I would be extremely bummed about it…The cancellation is necessary, in order to keep everyone safe. I get it, but still. This is not a good race weekend.
I thought about running an ultra trail race that was scheduled for tomorrow. They also cancelled their race.
I know Dakota, it's sad! Tomorrow, I'll be running on the treadmill. Again….I know Dakota, it's super sad!
2013 Christmas Portraits

No comments:

Post a Comment