I got all excited about my race photos and Trey was like why are you so excited??? You never buy any. Just because he said that I'm cheap and I don't ever buy race pics, I went ahead and bought one. So, there.
If you want to see the rest of the proofs the link is below. My bib number is 302.
Overall, I placed 24th out of 55 runners who completed the race.
I placed 1st in my age group (females)
Overall female finish at 7th place
My name is featured in the top 2013 Cedar Ridge 36 KM - female performers banner! I was pretty excited about that one!
Interesting fact, all the women who placed ahead of me are older than me.
(Official Results page)
Here are some randoms about the race
- Trail runners like to run shirtless. Also, most of them are pretty darn fit. I kept my shirt on so, I could wipe the sweat off my face.
- When I was going downhill (in my head) I would say, "Wheee!"
- When I was hiking up, I was quite miserable.
- I forgot to put petroleum jelly on my feet. I'm thankful I did not get blisters.
- After running a hard race, it makes me want to run a super flat trail.
- There were quite a few hikers on the trail and most of them cheered me on. Thanks, it helped!
- Aid Stations and Volunteers were awesome! Someone was always filling up my cup, while I was stuffing my face with food. Thanks!
- I twisted my ankles a few times, but nothing serious. The tree roots were everywhere.
- A spectator told me she saw two runners with broken bones. She said foot injuries. Ouch!
- I drank about 6 bottles of water on the almost 5 hour long race and I didn't have to take a bathroom break. Lots of sweating.
- My fuel of choice on this run - Bananas, Potato chips, peanut butter and jelly sandwich and red grapes. I took two shots of cola, it made me burp.
- After the race Endurance Buzz had chicken and veggie burritos.
-I'm recovering ok. I'm still sore, but I'm good to do some light running or cross training again.