Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Cedar Ridge 36 KM Trail Race Photos - Don't Call Me Cheap

I got all excited about my race photos and Trey was like why are you so excited??? You never buy any. Just because he said that I'm cheap and I don't ever buy race pics, I went ahead and bought one. So, there.
Cedar Ridge 36 KM Trail Race
If you want to see the rest of the proofs the link is below. My bib number is 302.
http://www.racephotonetwork.com/QPPlus/Proofs.aspx
Official Results 
Overall, I placed 24th out of 55 runners who completed the race.
I placed 1st in my age group (females)
Overall female finish at 7th place
My name is featured in the top 2013 Cedar Ridge 36 KM - female performers banner! I was pretty excited about that one!
Interesting fact, all the women who placed ahead of me are older than me.
(Official Results page)
Here are some randoms about the race
- Trail runners like to run shirtless. Also, most of them are pretty darn fit. I kept my shirt on so, I could wipe the sweat off my face.
- When I was going downhill (in my head) I would say, "Wheee!"
- When I was hiking up, I was quite miserable.
- I forgot to put petroleum jelly on my feet. I'm thankful I did not get blisters.
- After running a hard race, it makes me want to run a super flat trail.
- There were quite a few hikers on the trail and most of them cheered me on. Thanks, it helped!
- Aid Stations and Volunteers were awesome! Someone was always filling up my cup, while I was stuffing my face with food. Thanks!
- I twisted my ankles a few times, but nothing serious. The tree roots were everywhere.
- A spectator told me she saw two runners with broken bones. She said foot injuries. Ouch!
- I drank about 6 bottles of water on the almost 5 hour long race and I didn't have to take a bathroom break. Lots of sweating.
- My fuel of choice on this run - Bananas, Potato chips, peanut butter and jelly sandwich and red grapes. I took two shots of cola, it made me burp.
- After the race Endurance Buzz had chicken and veggie burritos.
-I'm recovering ok. I'm still sore, but I'm good to do some light running or cross training again.



No comments:

Post a Comment