Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve (2012). Santa is Coming!

Everyone is sleeping and I'm sitting in the living room with the glow of the Christmas tree lights. This feels just like Christmas should feel. It's relaxing. I'm so excited about Christmas morning, I can't sleep! A few minutes ago, I did some last minute gift wrapping. One of the gifts, was odd shaped (don't you hate that??), so I just threw a blanket over it, with a note to Trey: DON'T LOOK!

Do you believe in Santa? 
There is something magical about seeing a kid light-up about the idea of Santa coming over. It's a big deal. I love Cheyenne's enthusiasm! I don't ever remember believing. How about you?

Candlelight Service 
Tonight, we did what is becoming our Christmas family tradition: We went to the Christmas Eve Candlelight Church Service. We heard scripture readings of the Christmas Story and sang carols. It's just what I needed. I have to admit, this season, I got distracted and my eyes were not set on Christ. For me, it started to become about the season of the holidays (shopping, busy-stuff, work, going from here to there) and not Jesus-Savior. During the service, I was reminded, why I celebrate Christmas, (the real meaning).
2012 Christmas Eve
As soon as we got home, we were already thinking about cookies. Santa needs fuel and Cheyenne was eager to make him chocolate chip cookies. I should have left him some of my running GU's, afte rall, he'll be running a marathon around the world.
2012 Christmas Eve
Dakota is ready for some Christmas fun too.
2012 Christmas Eve
Trey likes to swing her around like this. It makes me nervous, her dangling like a rag-doll, but she gets a kick out of it.
2012 Christmas Eve
Well, sleep well and Have a Merry Christmas! I might have another cookie and then call it a night.
2012 Christmas Eve Cookies for Santa

No comments:

Post a Comment