Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Spreading My Love, Equally

I think parents, who have more than one child, can relate to this post.

One thing I want to do is make sure both of my girls feel loved. I don't want them to feel like one of them gets more attention than the other. This is something that, at times, I over think. I'll tell one of them, I love you and then I feel like, I MUST IMMEDIATELY TELL THE OTHER ONE TOO! I even catch Trey doing this too. It's not a bad thing, it's just us as parents, doing our best to make our kids feel loved and not feeling overlooked.

Even taking photos and capturing video of the girls, at times, I feel guilty. Dakota is 2 months and I know I haven't shot nearly as many video clips of her, as I did with Chey and that bothers me! I want Dakota to look back and see that she was admired and loved, just the same. I don't want to use the excuse that I have less time ---- but really -- how time consuming is it to grab a camera and hit record?

Friends, Parents, I know I'm not the only one who feels this way.

With that being said, here are several video clips of Dakota and Chey.
I like how Dakota is talking while Chey is reading.

What's Her Name?

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dom, right now we only have Greyson, but I have similar thoughts at the idea of having more than one. This is what I hold on to and hope it will help you too. I am the third of three girls. By the time I came around my parents were too busy, and had been there done that when it came to having girls. To say there are fewer pictures of me is an understatement, but to be honest, it doesn't bother me one bit. It's not the fact that my parents took or didn't take photos that lets me know they love me, it's the fact that they were there, always. They've shown me in so many ways that the love me and my sisters equally. Your girls will know you love them equally, and it won't have a thing to do with how many pictures you took.

    ReplyDelete