Wednesday, August 08, 2012

How I Prepare for the Work Week

My MacBook Pro is being encrypted by OIT, so I've been without a laptop for 24 hours. Thank goodness for other wi-fi devices. No telling when I'll get it back. I use it for the majority of my post-production work, so I really need it! Plus, I have precious photos of my girls on there.
Sisters. Story Time
This is my first full week, back at work.
I'm still tweaking my routine, but I think I'm on the right track.

Here are a few things I do to make home life easier during the work week:
I did some of the same things when we were a family of three, but I feel like I've had to step up my game a notch, since having Dakota.
- Monday, I make sure every room in the house is clean and I wash every single load of laundry -- that means folding it, hanging it, everything. Before I  had Dakota, I would do laundry mid-week, but now I really want to avoid that.
 - On the weekends, I go grocery shopping and I budget/pay bills for the week
- Monday, I pack lunches for the week. Salads, veggies, fruits, and cheese...They seem to store well in containers for five days. I even pack my breakfast for the week. Hard boiled eggs and bananas are my new go to breakfast. It's portable and easy to eat at my desk. However, I wish boiled eggs didn't stink so much.
- Tuesday thru Thursday, I try to make dinner that is fast and easy. Lettuce wraps, sandwiches, Taco Salad, breakfast for dinner, Pizza Subs, Salads etc....
- I put all items like backpacks, camera gear, non-perishable food, sweaters -- basically any item that needs to go to work, I put it right by the door - so I won't forget it.
Cheyenne
I feel like I have to be on top of all the above items or my entire week will fall apart. I hate coming home from work and seeing a dirty house, I hate doing laundry during the week, I hate spending a lot of time in the kitchen making dinner, I hate having to prep lunches every night, I hate having to worry about paying bills when I come home, I hate it when I'm late to work because I had to cook breakfast, BUT I LOVE spending time in the evenings with my family -- that's why I have to do everything on my days off. It makes my work week sail.

Do you have any tips or tricks to gear you up for a busy week?
Sisters. Story Time

No comments:

Post a Comment