Tuesday, July 24, 2012

My First Postpartum Run

I only have one more week, at home with my precious babies. Next week, I will re-join the working class. 
At Home
One Mile Run
Last night, I planned on running on the treadmill, but there was a cold front that blew through. It was a chilly 90 degrees at 9 pm. Ba-Ba-BRRRRR!!!!!

Before I started my run, I felt anxious. I stretched and I could feel butterflies in my stomach. Once my watch found a clear signal, I was off, RUNNING! It was hard I got winded, but I kept going. I completed one mile right under 10 minutes. Afterwards, I did a .60 light jog/walk cool down. It's going to take months for me to get my endurance back to where it was. Speed?? I'm not that concerned about speed (right now), just looking to build my base miles up again, but if the speed comes - I'll gladly take it.

Today, I took an off day, from running. But this morning, I did some light cross training; elliptical and weights. Tomorrow, I will aim to run 2 miles. My body is sore. I've missed that feeling and I've missed sweat. Like Trey says, I'm not normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment