Monday, July 23, 2012

Dress Rehearsal Week & RUNNING!!!

Next week, August ONE, I will return back to work. It scares me to death thinking about how busy my life is going to be once I start working 40 hours a week, again. In order to get back into the groove of things, I've declared this week to be dress rehearsal week. It's "let's pretend, Dom is going back to work, tomorrow." So, today, I prepped all the lunches for Chey and I. All this week, I plan on waking up early and getting ready, the same time I will be, when I return back to work.
Dress Rehearsal
1/3 or Cheyenne's lunch. I'll add hard salami, turkey or leftovers in the other compartment(s).
Dress Rehearsal
You could call Chey and I creatures of habit. She loves all the above items and I love salads. To mix it up, I'll add different meat for each day. Beef, Pork Loin, Turkey, etc...I'll also add fresh fruit (not pictured).
Dress Rehearsal
Green Light to Run
Today, was my 6 weeks postpartum appointment. The doctor gave me the green light to run again and she also cleared me for extracurricular actives. ;) <-----Finally, the wink face used appropriately.

Since it's a bi-zillion-million degrees outside, even when the sun sets, I will most likely run on the treadmill. My doctor said I should run one mile today, then take a rest day, then run two miles the following day -- etc.... The point is to gradually increase my mileage. Pooo on my parade, I was hoping to run 3 miles tonight. Maybe I'll push it to 2 miles. We'll see, I'm sure Trey will be breathing down my neck making sure I follow the doctors orders and who knows, maybe one mile is all my body can handle right now.

If you can't tell, I'm so excited about running again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And yes, all those exclamation points were necessary.
My watch has been giving me messages like this, for months. Yes, nike watch, I will be running again soon!
YES. YES. YESSSS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment