Thursday, May 24, 2012

Taper Time, Pregnancy Style & Lots of Changes

I'm about 2 weeks from my due date (technically 15 days) and if I was training for a race, I would begin my taper, right about now. You know, naturally, I will taper during pregnancy too. I'm a runner, so this is how my brain works. But first the important question: Is it too early to start carb loading???? Pasta, sweet potatoes, come to mommy!

During a taper, one can become irritable, so don't be surprised if in the next two weeks, I start acting crabby. Blame it on the hormones and taper. I can only use this excuse for a short period of time, so I might as well make good use of it. Trey might say, I have already started acting this way and have been like this for some time -- watch it, mister!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...But I Don't Want to Say Goodbye
Yesterday, we went to a farewell party for two families who go to our church. One of the families moving away is Mike and Erin! I just want to cry and hold their ankles and tell them they can't go.

Erin has been watching Cheyenne for two years. Erin means so much more to me, than a childcare provider, she is my friend. I'm going to miss her and her family dearly. The good news is her husband recently graduated and he has accepted a Pastor position near Abilene. Yes, Abilene, Texas. So, that makes me feel a little better. It's not like they are moving out of state or anything.
Borghese & Sorka's Going Away Party
Cheyenne understands her best friend, Brianna is moving away. She'll be fine, but I know she'll miss her Bia-Boo.
Borghese & Sorka's Going Away Party
Childcare Change
Erin gave me plenty of notice about moving, so that allowed Trey and I to pray and find someone else to  watch the girls. A friend in our Sunday School Class was eager to talk with us about the possibility of watching the girls. We had her and her family over for dinner, talked about all the details and we all agreed we were on board.

Sometime, in mid-July, Tonya will be providing childcare services for Chey and baby Dakota. I'm thankful and relieved we found someone we know and trust. Tonya and her husband have 3 children, the picture below is of her with her daughter, Jolie. OH! Did I mention they live about 2 miles from our house? YAY!!!!!!
Borghese & Sorka's Going Away Party
More Changes
Next school year, Chey will not be attending school (She attended a mothers day out program for two years). This makes me sad, but I'm thankful Erin took her while she was also teaching at that school.

To wrap it up, here are the major changes coming up:
- new baby
- friends moving
- new childcare provider
- no school for Chey

Change is inevitable and we can only learn and grow from it.
At Home Watching the Portable DVD Player

No comments:

Post a Comment