Friday, May 25, 2012

My Week in Photos

Happy Friday! What are your plans? I'd like to say I plan on attending Tasha's high school graduation, but the last time I chatted with Trey about it, he was serious about obeying the doctors orders. He said, "I don't want to be delivering a baby on the side of the road!" He's so dramatic.

Well, here is my random Friday picture post.
Last week, it was all hustle-hustle, hurry-hurry, let's get the nursery ready for Dakota. So this weekend I feel like we can finally kick back and just ride out the days until she decides she's ready to meet us.
This is happening and it looks like Trey is stuck.
Something I Discovered....
I love the way the Keurig Iced Hazelnut Coffee tastes, especially with a splash of almond milk. However, I don't know why the instructions say to put the ice in the cup first and then brew the coffee. That doesn't make any sense because the machine dispenses hot coffee even with the Iced Coffee Setting on. Who wants a watered down cup of Joe? No, thanks.

So this is what I do: I brew the coffee on the iced coffee setting, then when it's done, I transport the cup to the freezer to allow it to cool for 45 minutes, AND THEN I add my cubes.
First time to make ice coffee using the Keurig Vue
May was a Fantastic Freelance Month 
I had four projects and managed to collect a few pennies. I've decided for every wave of business I get like that, I should invest in purchasing new equipment, instead of spending it all on toys like a Keurig machine and miscellaneous items. Instead, I should buy a new lens, cards, discs, software, or even start putting cash aside for a new video camera....

This time, I decided to invest in battery grip for my DSLR T2i. The grip holds two batteries at once. So, if I'm photographing and one battery drains, I have an immediate back-up. Ta-da! Two of the four events I photographed, my battery died and I had to change it on the fly. I was a FRANIC MESS trying to change it because it was during the middle of the ceremony! At one of the events, I missed a crucial shot and afterwards, I asked the student to re-stage it. It worked, but I don't want to have to constantly be worrying about my batteries dying.
Have you ever seen Hong Kong Postage? Now, you have. It took my package forever to get to the US. I thought maybe I got scammed, so I checked the delivery status, online and saw it had shipped from China. OH! 
Hong Kong Postage
Well, that's all I've got. I can't wait until I'm at home, in my PJs, snuggled up on the sofa. I plan on sleeping in tomorrow. I've got to take advantage of the sleep, while I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment