Monday, March 26, 2012

It's Like Christmas, My Treadmill is Working Again

November, 16th I shared the sad news that my treadmill was broken. It was the worst time of the year for it to stop working... I was training for Cowtown Half Marathon, it was Christmas time (no extra money) and winter time (cold weather).

After months of doing without, I finally bought the replacement part. The error code message called for, a mother board kit. Trey even got conformation from a treadmill technician, that's the part we needed. The part arrived Friday evening and yesterday Trey started to install it, when he discovered there was a blown fuse. Ends up, we didn't need an expensive replacement part, we needed to replace the blown fuse. By the way, we didn't even have to purchase a new fuse because there was an extra one right next to the messed up one. I would've never been able to figure that out, but thank goodness for Trey. He such a handy man and knows everything about everything.

This is a picture of the messed up fuse. Itty-bitty part.It was a blown fuse
I'm not even mad. Sooooooo, this means I can return the pricey part, that is if I want to. Trey thinks we should keep it, in case the board ever breaks, we'll have the part. You, see this is an older treadmill and the part took forever to get -- it was on back order. Plus there's re-stocking fees for returns and shipping cost, so we'd be out at least 30 bucks. I don't know. I think, I still want to return the part. What would you do?

This morning I woke up and went for a walk on my HAPPY-MILL. It was so convenient . That's what I've missed the most.
My treadmill is fixed!!!!!
After walking I was pretty hungry, so I made breakfast. Lately, I crave salsa and eggs.
My Breakfast
A few hours ago, I had a coffee date with Krista. Her and the kids came over and the girls enjoyed playing in the backyard. Which reminds me, I'm so excited, this is the first year ever Trey and I will hire a professional company to maintain our lawn. No more weeds and stickers, we hope. Our yard is going to look so nice.
Cheyenne and Makenna Playing in the Garden
The girls were wonderful helpers, now I don't have to worry about watering the garden. They took care of that for me. Hmmm, maybe I should hire them to maintain the yard. I can pay them with candy.
Cheyenne and Makenna Playing in the Garden
While the girls were outside, Kye had a diaper mishap, it was gross and I shall spare you the details. It was quite funny for me to observe, but Krista was grossed out, since she was the one cleaning the mess. Krista didn't have a change of clothes for him --- all she had was Makenna's girly-strawberry shirt. He was rockin' it!
Kye in a Strawberry Shirt
So, that's what I've been doing for the first part of my day. I have lots more to do, so I better get moving. Have a great Monday, friends. Here's to a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment