Thursday, February 23, 2012

Who Wants to Join Me in Las Vegas?


My flight has been booked, hotel reservations have been made, and my registration is paid for. I'm going to the National Association of Broadcasters in Las Vegas in April.
Las Vegas Strip
This will be my fourth trip to the NABShow. I'm particularly excited about, the Post-Production World Conference Track <<<<-----that's my WORLD! I'm eager to attend because there have been major updates to FinalCut Pro, which is the main editing software I use. It's kind of shaken my professional world, so out of all my trips to the NAB, this one seems more important than all the previous conferences, combined.
NabShow 2011
The only thing is --- I wish you were going with me. Seriously, the hotel expenses will be covered, all you have to do is hop on a plane. I need a girlfriend to keep me company, when I'm not in class. Who wants to join me? I looked at flights and it looks like the average price, right now -- round trip is around $250. If Trey and I wanted to splurge he could join me, but I don't think he'll be making the trip with me.
Sony's Exhibit
The last three times, I've stayed at the Las Vegas Hilton, but this year -- I decided to try out the Monte Carlo. They seem to give me more for my $$, so that's why I picked them, this time around. Did you know in order to use the gym at the Hilton you have to pay like 20 bucks a day? They also charge for Internet usage. The reason why, I like staying there is because it's walking distance to the Convention Center and it's familiar. However, I feel comfortable riding the mono-rail, so I'll just do that, this time around.
The Famous Hilton Sign

1 comment: