Friday, January 27, 2012

20 Weeks: Pregnancy Snapshot

How far along?
20 weeks. Half-way there. 20 weeks to go.

This time around, I'm in no rush. I'm excited, but now I understand the whole --- It's soooo different with your second one. I get it. When I was pregnant with Cheyenne and I was 20 weeks, I was so involved in reading up all about pregnancy and baby gear and now I'm like -- I know everything. <------Not really, but I feel like I'm better prepared, since I've gone through pregnancy before. Does that make sense? The excitement is there, but I'm not as anxious.

The picture on the left is Dakota and I (present day) AND the picture on the right is when I was 20 weeks pregnant with Cheyenne. I overheard Trey describe my size to a friend of his...he said I'm as big as a house. Ha-ha! He jokes, I think.
20 Week Pregnancy Snapshot 5 month/20 weeks Pregnant with Cheyenne
How I feel: 
Great. I have lots of energy - thank you 2nd trimester. I ran 4 miles this morning before work. The time is not important, only the distance :).  I have my blah moments, but for the most part, it's been a good week. Wearing comfortable clothes and not overeating makes a world of difference. I hate that overstuffed feeling.

What annoys Me: 
My normal shirts are starting to ride up. It's time to make the big switch to maternity tops. Also, my bladder is extra sensitive. TMI? IDK. Sleeping on my stomach is uncomfortable. I'm still sleeping on my back -- but not a lot.

Food Cravings This Week: 
Limon Chips (ALWAYS), Panda Express, Roasted Veggies, and Hard Salami. Last night, I was craving chips, so after dinner we stopped at the grocery store. Gosh, I'm high maintenance. "Yeah, I just ate dinner, but can we stop and get chips -- oh and frozen pizza too." Please tell me I'm normal.

What I've been doing to prep for Dakota's Homecoming: 
Nothing. Trey suggested I sort through Cheyenne's newborn clothes and organize the closet. That sounds like a good idea.

What I've bought: 
Nothing. When I go shopping, I plan on buying diapers and wipes -- maybe not every trip, but at least every other time I go. I think we are set on most of the big baby items and clothes, although I need some small random items. We'll be borrowing a few things and reusing Cheyenne's baby crib, which means we'll be in the market for a toddler bed. OR daybed. Not sure, yet.

I'll be reusing my breast pump -- Dear Jesus, I hope that it holds out for another baby. Lord knows, I spent more time with that pump the first year of Chey's life, than I did with Trey. It's got a lot of miles on it, but it's a Medela, so it better make it another round.

Gifts:
Our neighbors bought this for Dakota. I'll be rolling this all around the house. It'll be in the bedroom, when I'm sleeping at night, guest bedroom for naps, and the living room during the day. We are thankful for the nice gift, thanks neighbors!
Pack N' Play for Dakota
What are your plans for tonight and this weekend? 
It's a pizza and movie night for us. Lately, Trey's been playing video games at night, while I fall asleep watching episode of How I Met Your Mother. BUT tonight, I want to watch a movie!!! Any Netflix recommendations? QUICK, we'll be watching soon!! I have the Fighter in my instant queue, that sounds good to me.

Have a fantastic weekend and if you are running long tomorrow, good luck. I'll be running too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment