Thursday, December 22, 2011

Holiday Break Agenda

My Winter Break has officially started. Here are a few things I would like to do during my vacation.

1. Run. Bike. Run. Run.
2. Find time to swim, since I'll have a nifty gym membership and one of the benefits is access to the pool.
3. Go to the movies.
4. Organize Cheyenne's room.
5. Start a freelance photo archiving project for a Hispanic Organization.
6. Complete season 2 and maybe 3 of How I Met Your Mother.
7. Have a lunch date with a girlfriend.
8. Make two scarfs. One is for my Mother-in-law and another one for a friend.
9. Try a new recipe. One that the whole family can enjoy.
10. I would also like to experiment using these spices from Penzey's. My favorite PhD faculty gave these to me as a Christmas gift.


 A Christmas Gift from My Favorite Faculty
They are salt-free.
 A Christmas Gift from My Favorite Faculty
Last year, the same faculty got me wine, but since I'm pregnant, she knew the Penzey gift would be more appropriate. She said next year, to expect another bottle. Yay!
  Thank you, Dr. Cazzell
As you know, I like an occasional glass of wine, but since I'm pregnant and plan on nursing, it will be a year and a half before I will have another casual drink. Pumping and dumping is no fun. It's more work, than it's worth. My previous doctor told me the occasional glass of wine during pregnancy is fine. He said it's frowned upon in America, but in other cultures it's more common and accepted. What are your thoughts? I won't go out and buy myself a whole bottle, but if I'm at a social event, I'll sip a few ounces.

What do you plan on doing during the Christmas Break? Do you get one?

No comments:

Post a Comment