Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve

It's Christmas Eve!

I started my morning with a 10 mile run. Now, I'm only 31 miles away from reaching my distance goal...I'm SOOOOO CLOSE! I'm not sure if I will take the day off from running tomorrow or not. I have some wiggle room for the rest of the week, so I might take advantage of that and just rest. If I do go running, it will probably be later in the afternoon, NOT Christmas morning. You better believe I will be lounging in PJ's as long as possible.

Today, we spent a lot of time at home, where else would we be? Not shopping. I went grocery and last minute gift shopping yesterday at 6:30 am. I went right after the gym. I looked like a mess, but hey, I didn't have to deal with the crowds. So worth it.

While we were at home, we played a few rounds of Jenga.
Playing Jenga on Christmas Eve
Look what else we did.
Playing Jenga on Christmas Eve
Mid-afternoon, Chey took a nap and that's when Trey and I turned into Santa's Little Helpers. We wrapped all the presents. Trey did most of the work, I supervised. Good Job. Keep it up! After a while, Trey caught on and then made me wrap the remaining gifts. Boo!
He's doing a great job. I think I will continue to watch.
2011 Christmas Eve Cookies
Before heading to the Candlelight Christmas Church Service, we made chocolate chip cookies for Santa.
Making Cookies for Santa
Notice how Chey is wearing PJ's. I like to take her to the church evening service wearing PJ's because afterwards we eat dinner and then go look at Christmas lights. So, by the time we get home, we are ready for bed. It just makes sense, plus she looks super cute.
Making Cookies for Santa
2010 Christmas Eve 
Right after we made cookies we headed off to church.
Baking Cookies with Mommy
Trey's face looks so naked! What a baby face. Hey, that's the same Cowboys hat he's wearing this year.
Daddy and Cheyenne
Remember the Gingerbread House? Well, this is all that remains... Demolished Gingerbread House

One Last Thing 
The Candlelight Christmas Church Service was wonderful. We worshipped, heard Scripture read by the children of the church. The last song we sang was Silent Night and everyone held a candlelight. It was beautiful and a reminder that He is the reason for the season. Thank you Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment