Sunday, November 20, 2011

Faithful Teachers

This morning our Sunday School surprised our Sunday School teachers with a party. Guy and Gwen have been serving as teachers for our class for years. Today, was their last day to teach and they were so excited to see a room full of friends.

This couple inspires me. They married young and shortly after, Guy fought in the military during World War II. They've served the Lord for decades. They are full of more energy than most 60 year olds I know and they are in their 80's. They go to a gym several times a week. The gym program they are in, is called silver sneakers. Too cute.
Guy & Gwen. Sunday School Teachers.
Before heading to the party, we stopped and picked up donuts for our class. I didn't want a whole donut, so I asked Chey if I could have a bite of hers -- I was denied (see previous blog post).

Every family was asked to bring something to the party. I was afraid everyone was going to show-up with donuts. Luckily, we were the only ones who brought some. Whew!
Donuts Before Church

No comments:

Post a Comment