Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My MacBook Pro Crashed & Burned (Tear)

Sunday evening, without warning, my MacBook Pro died. I didn't freak out because I had a feeling my IT guy at work could retrieve my hard drive. He did (YAY), but the laptop is still messed up (BOO).

So, for the next few weeks I will be without a mobile workstation. It's more of an inconvenience than a life shattering event.

You know some people store their entire life history on a computer. I use to be that way too. The last few years, I've been tedious about backing up my important files, mainly pictures. I use to have a standard Flickr account, but about a year ago I upgraded to Pro. It's worth the investment, assuming Flickr doesn't die (nervous laugh). The only thing I'm mad at myself for is not syncing my calendar more often. I have about two weeks worth of lost events. So, if I forget to go somewhere or do something, please forgive me -- we'll blame it on the missing calendar. Like I said, I have the hard drive, so if anyone is savy with iCal data, please let me know. It may just be a matter of locating the events on the hard drive. I've been looking, but with no luck.

Do you back-up important computer data? I use used my laptop all day, everyday. I will miss it. One of my favorite spots to work at home is in the dining room. I like to spread all my gear out and get to work. I also like to snack while I work and the fridge is only a few feet away. How convenient.
Mobile Workstation in the Kitchen
Occasionally, I would use the MBP when I would workout. I'd have P90X going on the MBP and that way I could watch the morning news. Now, what? I'm not sure. I think work will fix or replace the laptop.
working out at home

No comments:

Post a Comment