Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Caveman Tortillas & Going the Distance

I miss burritos! Warm-soft-heavenly creations. After some online searching, I found a Paleo tortilla recipe that sounded like it was worth the time.

Ingredients: Eggs, Almond Meal, Honey, Salt, Oil

At first, I didn't know how to handle the batter. The first few tortillas looked more like pancakes. After, a few tries, I finally figured it out...
 Paleo Burrito
Excuse me while I devour awesomeness.
Paleo Tortilla Made with Almond Meal
This picture was taken a few days ago, since then I've had my hair trimmed and colored. I really like it.
Paleo Paleo Tortilla Made with Almond Meal
Here is an example of the pancake.
Paleo Tortilla Made with Almond Meal
A few days ago, Erin left a blog comment and suggested I make a pound of bacon at a time, that way I can still enjoy it during the workweek. I took her advice and made it ahead of time. That's the BEST bacon advice, I've every received. Thanks!
Paleo Burrito
While you were sleeping Saturday morning, I was running. I got up early and ran 19 miles. The next morning I ran 12 miles. Looking at my weekly stats: I worked out for 8 hours and burned 4,650 calories. Is that allowed? Okay, so now I don't feel as bad for eating Trey's box of cookies. They were Oreos, he knows better than to get cookies I really like. I usually prefer when he gets the Chewy Chips Ahoy. I can't stand those. So the whole cookie binge was not my finest paleo moment, but you know, I was justified -- the numbers people! look at the numbers!

Week 11 Palo Duro Training

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I'm so making these!!

    ReplyDelete