Sunday, July 31, 2011

Nothing Like the Rush of Flying Over the Handlebars

This morning I decided to sleep in until 6:30'ish am. In my opinion, 7 am is a perfect time to run, but not to start a long run. I wanted to work out and be outside, so I took the bike on a 13 mile ride. 13 miles was the distance I planned on running.

5 miles on the trail and I fall off the sidewalk, over correct and go flying over the handlebars. No one was around, but I felt like a fool.

It happened in slow motion and as I was about to hit the pavement, I asked myself, "Is this really happening?"
"Yes. Dominique, this is really happening!" 

I keep telling myself this makes me look like a BA biker chick. Maybe this is a sign to stick with the running. I still had fun and I'll be back on the bike soon.
Minor Bike Injury
I originally posted a close-up of the injury, but then decided that's too gross. However, it's still posted my flickr page, for all you sick-O's.

No comments:

Post a Comment