Saturday, April 02, 2011

Trail Running

Distance: 10.14 miles
Duration: 01:43:13
Average Pace Per Mile: 10:10
Weather: 58 degrees.


For months, I've been wanting to go trail running. And for months, I've been trolling the Internet to see if there are any mapped out trails in my immediate area. I had a pretty good idea that there was a main trail, but I didn't want to be a pioneer. I wanted someone to tell me where to go and the best route. After months of looking, I found nothing. This morning I decided, I'm just going to roam until I find this trail. I had tried before, but this was the main roadblock that stopped me last time....

Stupid Water, we meet again...

(see above picture)  This is the entrance of the trail. I was determined to cross to the other side. I had to walk through some narrow dirt paths and eat some spiders, but not too far from the main entrance, I found a shallow area to cross the other side...Yay!

I have no idea how to clearly articulate how amazing this run was. This was my first dirt trail run and I loved it. loved it. loved it. I've lived near this running mecca for 3 years and I've barely discovered it. I wish someone would've told me about it sooner! I have close access to the Trinity Trail (paved trails), the lake, and now this dirt trail. Feeling super spoiled.

I'm ready for my next long run.


No comments:

Post a Comment