Monday, March 21, 2011

P90X. Week 3. Day 15 & Taco Soup

I've been doing most of these workouts alone. Trey has a hard time waking up at 4 am to workout with me (understandably). So, I'm considering doing the P90X workouts at night. I like the idea of having my nights free, but if it means Trey working out with me, it's worth rearranging my schedule. We'll see what happens...

3 Weeks in and I'm still on the same P90X routine:
Sunday- Rest
Monday - Chest and Back + Ab RipperX (Did that this morning)
Tuesday - Plyometrics or Running 4 -6 miles
Wednesday - Shoulders and Arms + Ab RipperX
Thursday - YogaX or Running 4 - 6 miles
Friday - Legs & Back + Ab RipperX
Saturday - Long Run (8 - 14 miles)


The toughest workout on the above schedule: Legs and Back. I feel like I'm still recovering from that one. My legs were on fire! My favorite workout on the above schedule: Shoulders and Back. The majority is lifting weights. I'm gonna get ripped...haha. Hopefully not too much. Here is some real progress -- I did 3 unassisted pull-ups. 


Taco Soup
I've been craving this for months, it's something I've made on numerous occasions, but not lately. This is a crockpot recipe from Paula Dean. I modified the recipe (a lot). The biggest change I made was the portion size.  I basically cut the portion size in half and only added half a pound of lean ground beef. I have plenty of leftovers that I will freeze for later. 
Taco Soup
Garnished with fresh cilantro
Taco Soup
Chey had to do a taste test...
Cheyenne Approved
It passed! I'm surprised it wasn't too hot for her. Even with the green chiles, she liked it. I guess they were mild enough for her.
Cheyenne Approved

No comments:

Post a Comment