Sunday, October 31, 2010

20 Mile Long Run

Distance: 20.3 Miles
Duration: 3:31:16
Average Pace Per Mile: 10:25
Temperature: 48 degrees
Wind: South at 6 mph
Power Song: Alec Eiffel by The Get up Kids

My overall pace was 10:24, that's without stopping my watch during bottle changes, video/photo breaks, and pit stops. My stopwatch pace was 9:54.  I wish there were race volunteers during my long runs. How incredible would that be? Or neighbors standing outside of their homes cheering me on? Or how about neighbors cheering me on with water?!
20 Mile Run
I stayed close to home, but once the sun came out, I ventured out to the lake. I stopped at one of my favorite spots and captured this short clip. 

The first 4 miles were tough, but somewhere around mile 8 thru 14, I kind of forgot I was running. Sometimes this is good, but most of the time, it's bad because I slow down. That's what happened, but I feel like that's what I needed for this run. The next 20 miler, I will try to be more aggressive with my pace, but gosh it felt terrific to run at a comfortable speed.

After I was done with the 3 hour run, I sat down on the sidewalk and caught my breath. I heard Tony Horton's voice, "Take in the fact that you just did that!" This is the second time I have completed this insane distance. 20 MILES! Tag on another 6.2 and you got yourself a marathon. Dallas White Rock is in 34 days. Bring it!
20 Miler
And this is what I ate to refuel after my endurance run.
Healthy nachos topped with greek yogurt!
After the 20 Mile Run

No comments:

Post a Comment