Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Training for a Marathon is Like This...

1. brutal
2. nagging
3. a serious commitment and I didn't even get a ring!
4. makes me want to eat everything in sight
5. feels justified to eat everything in sight
6. it is all consuming
7. makes me want to take a nap
8. makes me want to curl up in a ball and cry

On the flip side, training has its perks:
1. Hello skinny jeans!
2. "Yes, I know this is my third serving, I'm training for a marathon, so get over it!"
3. if I ever need to outrun a zombie, I could
4. these days I sleep like a rock
5. hard leg muscles
6. bragging rights

At some point the training becomes habit forming. I no longer wonder...what will I be doing Saturday morning? It's a given...I will be running a minimum of 10 miles. No questions. No excuses. It doesn't matter what I ate or did the night before.

I remember the days, when running 3 miles was a big deal. The good news, I'm only running ten miles Saturday and I'm ecstatic about the decrease in mileage. Happy dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment