Sunday, September 12, 2010

18 Mile Run

Distance: 18 miles
Duration: 3:02:00
Average Pace Per Mile: 10:06
Weather: Felt Great. Overcast with a breeze. Perfect.
Notes: Ended my run soaking wet. I didn't know I could sweat that much and it wasn't even hot outside. I left the house wearing a navy blue sports bra and came home with a black one.

This run was mentally challenging. I had to break it down.
Run 6 miles. Okay. Only 12 more to go...that's less than a half marathon. You can do this. 


At mile four I had to stop. Bathroom. I'm not sure if I should allow my stopwatch to go or if I should stop it. Thoughts? The full marathon is 26.2 miles, most likely it will take me 4 hours to complete this distance. I really don't want to stop and use the bathroom during the race. Trey says if I need to pee I should just let it go. Haha! No way!

Other than the bathroom thing, I've been thinking a lot about training. I read something that said during training, running more than three hours for a long run may not be necessary, (when training for a marathon). Now, I'm debating if I should run 22 miles, for my longest run. Stumped.

No comments:

Post a Comment