Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Sunday Morning Long Run

Distance: 14 miles
Duration: 02:12:51
Average Pace Per Mile: 09:29
Max Pace: 07:14
Weather: 68 degrees and cloudy

Dreary Morning
Saturday morning, my alarm went off, I rolled out of bed, looked outside, and witnessed a massive light show...and just like that -- I crawled into bed and listened to the rain, and went back to sleep. For the most part, I'll run in rain, but I won't run during a thunder storm. Besides, it gave me a good excuse to catch up on sleep.

<---This picture was snapped early SUNDAY morning, still gloomy and dreary, but no rain.


Sunday morning, I tackled my long run because mentally, I couldn't go two weeks without logging some big numbers. Despite the morning gloom, it was a fantastic run. I didn't have any stomach issues and when I completed my run, I wasn't starving, like I usually am when I complete anything over 12 miles. During this run, I had an energy gel, that I sucked at mile 7. I chased it with some water and it was so good! I think I took it at the right time because I was starting to feel sluggish.

This view was the highlight of my run. It was so lovely, I had to pause for a moment to appreciate it. I can still hear the water...
Running

Here is a short clip. I'm telling you it's a short one.

Here is the new gel I tried. Vanilla Bean. Also, pictured are my two water bottles. I took the Nike bottle with me and the other bottle I left on the sidewalk, so I could refuel, mid-run. Yes, I have a fine-tune system. It works. Well, it works, when I stay close to home, otherwise it's water fountains and/or the hydration belt. 
Water and gel pack

No comments:

Post a Comment