Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Goodbye Slow Cooker

Sunday morning, I woke at 4 am and powered on the slow cooker. Well, the appliance never powered on!

You can see my old friend on the left   :(
Cell Group Dinner
A former boss, gave Trey and I this slow cooker as a wedding gift. We've been married since 2004, so I'd say we got some good years out of it. 

The death of my crockpot happened on Sunday. I planned on slow cooking beans, so we could have beans and cornbread/wheat germ muffins for lunch. Yeah, it's always nice to have lunch waiting for us when we get home from church. Instead of eating that, we went out for lunch. That was also a treat and did not require clean-up on my part. 


Late that afternoon, I didn't even shop around, I just bought the first slow cooker I saw at Sam's Club. This is an upgrade from my previous appliance. This one has a few programmable features. I used it yesterday and it worked fine. Here's to many years with this new crockpot! If you have a favorite slow cooker recipe, I'd love to try something new. I plan on trying a new chili recipe this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment