Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Gaining New Ground & A Note to P90X

Distance: 14 miles
Duration: 02:51:00
Average Pace Per Mile: 09:51
Temperature: Around 84-86 degrees with a cool breeze <--- That's why running in the morning pays off. Cool weather!
Notes: Ran unplugged. No music. It was nice to pray, think, and just run. Now that I'm running more miles, I'm discovering parts of the trail I've never see before.
14 Miler on the Trail
Saturday morning, I had a hard time getting up, especially after eating so much Friday evening...blah. I'm glad I dragged my butt out of bed, even if I didn't start running as early as I normally do. Let's see what week 10 of marathon training brings. Oh, more miles. 

P90X, you have officially become secondary to marathon training because running 37 miles in one week plus P90 does not sound fun. I'll see you every now and then....Maybe, Wedensday? Call me! 

2 comments:

  1. I am glad that your training is going well. Keep it up! As you can tell from dailymile, I've taken the week off. I really just wanted too. It has felt good, but I am excited to pick up next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my experience, the strength workout are invaluable to marathon training. I'd recommend you try to stick with the core synergistics and the legs and back workouts if you can. Toss in an ab ripper if you are really feeling it. Best of luck with your training and I'll see you out on DailyMile. Travis S.

    ReplyDelete