Sunday, June 27, 2010

Cross Training with P90X

Say hello to Lemon Parsley Tilapia with Wild Rice and Squash. P90x Lemon Parsley Tilapia with Wild Rice and Squash


Okay, why don't more people around me cook with parsely? Wait, why don't I? This stuff is amazing and oh so fresh. I love it!

P90X workouts start tomorrow and I'm oh so excited! I'm sure you've all heard of it. From what I hear, it's intense. We bought the pack from someone who never opened it, so we got a killer deal. Included in the purchase we got the DVD's, pull-up bar, a resistant band, and a nutritional guide. I found this recipe in the guide and it was over the top AMAZING! I want to stick to the nutritional guide for breakfast, snacks, and dinner. This is the first week, so at the end of the week, I'll step back and determine whether I want to continue this route or not. You should see my fridge, my veggie drawer is overflowing. It's nuts!

There are three different daily calorie brackets:
1. 1,800
2. 2,400 (I think Trey falls in this category...)
3. 3,000

I definitely need more than 1,800 calorie intake per day especially when marathon training picks up, but 2,400, may be too much...Well, to tell you the truth I have no idea. I'm taking the 1,800 calorie approach, but instead of sticking to the lunch nutrition guide...I'm going to eat more carbs than the guide allows that way my calorie count gets bumped up and I get some extra fuel.

This week, I'm not sure how often I will be doing P90X, since I'll be running 23 miles. I will keep you posted. Trey also plans on doing the program, although he may start next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment