Saturday, June 26, 2010

8 Mile Run.

Distance: 8.01 miles
Duration: 01:14:57
Pace Per Mile: 09:21
Notes: Watched the movie Timer via Netflix Instant.  Watching a movie, distracted me and helped me forget I was running. I should also mention, the movie was pretty good. I watched the ending after my workout. 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the second weekend, I've had to run on the treadmill. I see it enough on weekdays, I try my best to avoid it on weekends. This time, it was unavoidable. Trey is on call and he left so early this morning. I knew he had a service call lined up and I planned on running before he left, but obviously I failed to get out of bed at 4 am.

So, I resorted to plan b. I ran on the treadmill during Cheyenne's afternoon nap and of course she decided to take a short one. At mile six, she woke up! I paused my workout, got her out of the crib, gave her a snack, and plopped her on the bed (right next to me). She ate her snack and watched me finish my two mile run. I'm glad she let me finish. Thanks Cheyenne! Eight miles done! Who knew the first week of marathon training would be like this?

Side note: Trey is so tired. He's been working so much overtime. We miss him, when he's not around, but we are thankful for his job.

Treadmill

No comments:

Post a Comment